Saturday 21 May 2011

Booster Box Madness, New Phyrexia Final totals

After opening all the booster packs and add in the 8 packs from Pre-Release and launch there are only 14 cards I haven't got from New Phyrexia.  Because of this it's much easier to list what I DON'T have instead of what I do.

I'm missing:
Mythic
Batterskull

Rare
Phyrexian Unlife
Phyrexian Ingester
Psychic Surgery
Chancellor of the Dross
Glistening Oil
Surgical Extraction
Slag Fiend
Melira, Sylvok Outcast
Caged Sun
Hex Parasite
Omen Machine
Unwinding Clock

Uncommon
Auriok Survivors

It's an odd mix - mainly because I lucked into only getting one repeat Mythic and had some clumping in the Rares.  Only missing one uncommon is also good, even if it's one that combos nicely with all the gear in the set.


There is only one common that I have 4 copies of (the Black card Evil Presence - enchanted land is a swamp) so I may end up grouping up my common spares and selling (or attempting) those on the internet as a set.  Seems singles sell better and for more, but it's not time-effective for me to try that.


Would I do it again?  It's certainly expensive (£82 for the box) and with £50 also going on the launch events it's certainly something that I'd have to think hard about doing before each set.  Getting all the mythics (except one) this way was quite lucky and while I could probably sell the cards and get most of it back I'm more likely to keep hold of the good stuff.

Only time will tell, but I'm not seeing any reasons to buy more cards between now and July, except for the promo cards from Planeswalkers 2012 on Xbox & PC :)

No comments:

Post a Comment